Jun 23, 2010

Google: Honesty is Our Policy

We love Google for many reasons; finding a great restaurant, getting directions to the new neighborhood brothel, background checks on a potential mate, etc. One of the great features of Google, that I’m always excited about, if I misspell a word Google doesn’t hesitate to correct me.


Google is like a best friend who gives it to you straight. No bullshit. How could you not love a friend like that? Just the other day, I consulted my human friend as to which suit I should wear to an interview. She wasn’t much help at all. At which point, I had to turn to Google for answers.


Google provided an endless list of how to dress for success, not to mention a bevy of articles on how to interview like a pro! Being a woman of color, I have to stand out. First impressions are everything!


Well, I didn’t get the job. I tried following up with previous employers and staffing agents for help to no avail. So like always, I turn to Google for answers in hopes that it will provide this Arizona native some insight. And as always Google keeps it real.



No comments: